Happy World Breastfeeding Week!
Please arrive at 10 am so that we can get everyone registered and settled for the big count!
We will have yummy treats, tea, and goodies for the children and mamas.
You don't have to be nursing to support breastfeeding! Breastfeeding is not always as easy as it might seem. Here are just a few ways that family and friends can support nursing mamas:
- Encourage health care providers & communities to support the 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
- Play with siblings to allow mom and baby some quiet time to get comfortable breastfeeding
- Offer a pillow to help with good breastfeeding positioning & posture
- Offer a glass of water, breastfeeding makes moms thirsty!
- Offer a snack
- Offer resources, if needed, such as contact information for lactation consultants, local La Leche League groups, Kellymom.com, Nursing Mother's Counsel, MOBI, local milk banks
- Know the laws and breastfeeding rights and stand up for a breastfeeding mom being harassed in public
- Encourage your workplace to become a "Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer" (don't make them pump in the bathrooms, please!!!)