Thursday, March 27, 2008

Art Therapy

Our service options continue to grow! Amy Williams, co-founder of Nurture and Art Therapist is now available to provide services.

Amy Williams, ATR-BC
(503)-913-5934
amy@nurturepdx.com

I am a Board-Certified, Registered Art Therapist with over 5 years clinical experience offering individual, group and family treatment. I have training and experience working with adolescents and their families, predominantly with teens that have been involved with the juvenile justice system in some way. I have a growing interest in working with expectant mothers and have received training from Pam England, the author of Birthing From Within. I look forward to offering a number of birth art workshops and birthing preparation courses using Birthing From Within concepts. I am available to provide art therapy and counseling services for children, adolescents, adults and families.

Services and Specialties
Life Transitions
Anxiety/Depression
Self-esteem
Grief and Loss
Abuse
Family work
Body image
Prenatal/Postpartum issues

My approach is to create a safe and supportive environment and a nurturing, therapeutic relationship where one can explore challenging and often painful life experiences in ways that deepen understanding and meaning. I counsel by following, supporting, and respecting the needs of my client, and providing gentle guidance and relevant insights for activating change. I believe we all grow up with certain feelings, thoughts, and ways of being that define who we are, and that often, we come to a place in our lives where we must challenge old patterns for growth and change to occur. In session, I utilize a variety of creative techniques to bring about the process of healing and growth through genuine self-expression.

I am available evenings and weekends.
My rate is $55 per hour and I am also willing to negotiate fee based on income.

No comments: