Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nurture Belatedly Welcomes Sunny Jaynes

Sunny joined Nurture during the long period of website transition, so we haven't extended a proper welcome. Sorry about that and welcome, Sunny!


sunnyprojects@gmail.com

503-422-5417

*Nurture Center Coordination Committee*

I am an acupuncturist, herbalist, and shiatsu practitioner certified by the Oregon Medical Board and National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. From my lifelong love of nature, I was drawn to become a healer. Chinese medicine has affirmed my intuition that the earth’s body is our body and that healing happens naturally.

I feel grateful that this work draws on her creative side. Meeting with each patient is like starting a new song with two composers. It is my firm belief that practitioner and patient walk the healing path side by side.

As a free school teacher and a nanny and a midwifery school dropout and now acupuncturist and herbalist, I have always felt connected to my work with families. I am especially interested in women’s health as it pertains to fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum and ongoing mother care.

I find balance in hmy own life through being a musician, connecting spirit with nature, being in active community, and growing her own organic, vital food.

No comments: