Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nurture Welcomes Joey Torgrimson


We are excited to welcome Joey Torgrimson to Nurture. Joey is a midwife and massage therapist with a heart for helping families. Here is some information from Joey about her background and services...


I began my career in natural health care in the late 1990’s at Oregon
School of Massage. I have been practicing massage therapy for 9 years.
In 2008 I became a homebirth midwife in addition to my massage practice,
through a combination of formal study at Birthingway College and
apprenticeship. The two modalities complement each other well.

My massage specialties include deep tissue and pregnancy. I have a
midwifery practice, Portland Natural Childbirth, and my specialty is
waterbirth. I believe in meeting people where they are, and supporting
them in creating the picture of health they chose for themselves based on
their own values, belief systems, and bodies.

As an Oregon native, I enjoy living in Portland with my 8 year old
daughter Emma, travel, the outdoors, music, dancing, and surfing (in a very
thick wetsuit).

For more information about my midwifery practice, please visit my website
at Portland Natural Childbirth, call (503)875-6257 or e-mail me at midwife@portlandnaturalchildbirth.com

No comments: