Monday, October 5, 2009

Nurture Welcomes Deb Thornton


We are excited to welcome Deb Thornton to Nurture. Deb wears many hats and will be offering several different services at Nurture including craniosacral therapy, lactation support, Respectful Connection Parenting support groups, and doula services. The Connected Parenting Support Group starts on October 13th; come and find support from other families as you create strong coonections with your children. Deb tells us about herself and her services...

I have really just wanted to be a wife and mother since I was a child. And that is just what I became at a fairly young age. Thank goodness, because that amazing experience opened up the entire world for me. Now I want to be EVERYTHING when I grow up...

I believe that parenting is all about connection. Parenting is the BEST thing that is ever going to happen to you. This new little person, this miracle, this JOY, is going to absolutely rock your world. I am passionate about supporting new families through this dynamically chaotic, divinely delicious, supremely scary, world rockin' journey.

Here is a bit about my background:
I am a parent and family coach with a degree in social work, and I am passionate about connecting with families and helping parents find respectful ways to enjoy their parenting journey. I am a retired La Leche League Leader of 13 years and a Certified Lactation Educator who takes great joy in helping new mama's develop their own unique personal nursing relationship with their newborn babies. I have been a doula for friends and families before the word doula was coined and has never yet been to a birth where I haven't cried. I am a strong believer in preparation for birth, and an active advocate for making researched educated choices for all decisions regarding pregnancy, birth and parenting. Becoming a Certified Infant Craniosacral Therapist has been the best addition to my lactation and doula practice. I am so amazed by the gentle yet powerful healing that happens with craniosacral therapy and am so honored to be able to offer it to families.

Right now I offer:
  • Birth and Doula Services
  • Lactation Support
  • Craniosacral Therapy
  • Parent and Family Coaching
  • Respectful Connection Parenting Support Group
  • I am also available to speak or teach at your high school, community center, conference, workshop, or parenting group.


I am also a mama to 4 fantastic children, a neurotic chocolate lab and two kitty brothers born at home (where else?) one of whom is still alive due to my amazing lactation skills. We live in an enchanted old Ne Portland home where the birds clean the toilets and the squirrels do dishes. Somebody has to do it.

For more information about my services please visit Sacred Arrivals.

To schedule and appointment or for more information about the Connected Parenting Support Group, please call 503.250.2973 or e-mail me sacredarrivals@gmail.com.

No comments: