Planning for pregnancy, birth or a new baby? This class will help you sort through your options and provide you with a wealth of community resources, coupons & samples. Oh, and we’ll feed you too!
The Early Pregnancy Class is for any woman thinking about starting a family, any couple that thinks they might want to start a family and anyone who already has children and wants more education and information.
The Early Pregnancy Class is organic to what each person wants to learn. In addition to customizing the class to your needs, we will also cover the following topics:
- The difference between OB/GYN, Certified Nurse Midwives, Naturopathic Midwives, Direct Entry Midwives
- Hospital Birth Centers, Free-standing Birth Centers and Homebirth options
- What type of prenatal class best addresses your needs and lifestyle
- What are pregnancy, labor and postpartum doulas
- Healthcare support while pregnant and postpartum (Acupuncture, Reiki, Chiropractic, Massage)
- Nutrition and exercise
- Baby and new mom essentials
- Breastfeeding resources and accessories
- Sleeping options for baby
- Diapering options and cloth diaper demo
- Baby sling demos
- Guest presenters who specialize in pregnancy and newborn care
Grab bags full of community resources, handouts. coupons, tea and much more will also be provided.
Date: June 27 & 28 (Saturday & Sunday)
Time: 5:00 - 7:30pm
Where: Nurture - a Family Wellness Collective
1614 NE Alberta St.
Portland, OR 97211
Cost: $75 per couple
Eats: Dinner will be provided. When registering, please notify us of any dietary considerations
Raffle: At the end of the second day a raffle will be held and wonderful, community prizes will be given
Contact: Angi Gunther, LCCE
Angi Gunther has been supporting new families in Portland since 2002. She is the mother of three children born in 2001, 2004 and 2008. Her children have inspired her work as a Doula, Breastfeeding Advocate & Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator. She believes parents need complete information about their options so they can make truly informed decisions. Angi currently teaches Confident Birthing Childbirth Education classes at Nurture.
Courtney Jarecki is owner of Full Moon’s Daughter, a professional doula and pregnancy education service. She tends to new moms and babies at a birth center and is a midwifery student. Courtney believes that every woman can have the birth that is perfect for her if she is aware of all her options. Courtney’s path in life is to guide woman toward motherhood.