Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Welcome Kathleen!

It is a pleasure to introduce Kathleen Keane, L.Ac. Kathleen brings to Nurture her warmth, easy-going sense of humor, and wisdom gained through years of experience and training. She also co-owns Spice Road Market right around the corner from Nurture...the chai is heavenly, if I do say so myself. Here is some information from Kathleen about her services and background...

"Awaken and strengthen your limitless healing abilities!"

I believe we all have tremendous healing capabilities inside us, but we often get sidetracked by things like emotional stress and poor diet. I combine gentle acupuncture needling techniques with herbal medicine, bodywork, humor, and good common-sense nutritional counseling to get you back to feeling better!

Acupuncture can treat a wide array of health complaints, and is also a powerful preventative medicine. My emphasis is on women's and family health, as well as pre and post natal house calls. I am excited to be a part of Nurture to better serve the community, and look forward to working with you.

I offer sliding scale rates. My usual fees are $65 per treatment at the time of service ($75 if I bill insurance). Housecalls range from $65-$100, depending on travel time and case complexity. Group and package discounts are also available.

You can reach me at: 503-490-8904 or kathleen@nurturepdx.com

My Professional Training: New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics Albuquerque, NM 1992. Massage Therapy. Graduate of the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, OR 2007. Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (M.Ac.O.M) Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Asian Bodywork, Qigong.

My Credentials: Oregon State Licensed Acupuncturist. Certified in Acupuncture by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Certified 1000 Hands Buddha Qi Gong Instructor.

I am a Co-Owner of Spice Road Market, LLC Providing Certified Organic Culinary Spice and Medicinal Herbs.

I also enjoy: Cooking, gardening, travel, music, arts, taking photos and generally enjoying all that Portland has to offer!

No comments: