Monday, November 28, 2011

Nurture Welcomes New Acupuncturist

Nurture warmly welcomes our newest Family Wellness Professional Member, Amber Hincks. Amber is an East Asian Medicine Practitioner with a special interest in women’s health. Read on to find out more about Amber and all that she has to offer:

Amber Hincks, L.Ac.

Vital Moon Healing Arts
www.vitalmoonpdx.com
971.267.2229

Greetings! I am a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Oregon, and acupuncture is one of the many services I will be offering now at Nurture. Chinese medical theory provides the foundation for a holistic view of health that sees the individual as a unique and complex whole person. While I look at symptoms and how to resolve them efficiently, I also seek to bring the person back into balance with themselves, as well as with nature and community.

Along with acupuncture and its associated modalities, I use Chinese herbal medicine, massage, and dietary and lifestyle counseling. I am also a trained birth doula. I love working with women or couples who are starting new families, wherever they are in that process. It is such an important time to feel supported and have the resources you need. I also enjoy working with digestive disorders (herbs are great!), musculoskeletal conditions (tuina massage is incredible!), and emotional wellbeing.

Chinese medicine has so much to offer at any stage of life, and I look forward to adding my skills to the wonderful community at Nurture. Please contact me with any questions at 971-267-2229 or vitalmoonpdx@gmail.com. I look forward to meeting you!

No comments: