Nurture would like to remind everyone that the Early Pregnancy Class is happening this fall!!!
This preparation workshop is for any woman thinking about starting a family, any couple that thinks they might want to start a family, and anyone who already has children and wants more education and information.
As with all our classes, the Early Pregnancy Workshop is organic to what each person wants to learn. In addition to customizing the class to your needs, we will also cover the following topics:
- The difference between OB/GYN, Certified Nurse Midwives, Naturopathic Midwives, Direct Entry Midwives
- Hospital Birth Centers, Free-standing Birth Centers and Homebirth options
- What type of prenatal class best addresses your needs and lifestyle
- What are pregnancy, labor and postpartum doulas
- Healthcare support while pregnant and postpartum (Acupuncture, Reiki, Chiropractic, Massage)
- Nutrition and exercise
- Baby and new mom essentials
- Breastfeeding resources and accessories
- Sleeping options for baby
- Diapering options and cloth diaper demo
- Baby sling demos
- Guest presenters who specialize in pregnancy and newborn care
- Grab bags full of community resources, handouts. coupons, tea and much more will also be provided.
When: October 17 & 18
Where: Nurture, a center for growing families. 1614 NE Alberta St.
Extras: Each couples walks away with a goodie bag full of free samples, CDs, coupons and community resources, an opportunity to meet birth professionals in the community and potential friends. Ohh yeah, and don’t forget about the organic, vegeterian meal included during both nights.
Cost Options: The complete workshop is offered on a sliding scale between $75 – $90 per couple, based on what you can afford. Couples can choose to attend one day for $40 – $50.
Day 1: Choosing a Care Provider, Birth Place, Prenatal Classes and Services
Day 2: Doulas, Breastfeeding & Eco-friendly baby care