Monday, August 10, 2009

Supporting Each Other: Global Sisterhood Mainfesto

This manifesto by Awakening Women's blog was passed along on Facebook today, I thought I'd share it here because each statement in this manifesto is applicable not only to supporting each other woman to woman, but also supporting our children, our partners, our communities, our world, and ourselves. It is a good mama mantra.

I also really love the artwork that was posted along with the manifesto, a painting by Shiloh Sophia McCloud. I chose a different painting for this post because I love the mother image; I think all of her paintings are beautiful.

(picture by Shiloh Sopia McCloud)

Global Sisterhood Manifesto (by Awakening Women)

  • I commit to be honest and straight with you
  • I commit to take responsibility for my self.
  • I will ask for support when I need it.
  • I will ask for alone time when I need it, and it means nothing personal to you
  • I will not try to fix you
  • I will listen to you
  • I will keep what you share confidential and not gossip about it
  • I will not speak negatively about you to others
  • I will celebrate your unique beauty and gifts
  • I will not make my self smaller to fit in and I will support you in doing the same

No comments: