Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Upcoming Workshop: So This is What it's Like to Be a Parent?


So This is What it’s Like to Be a Parent?
Integrating Emotional Wellness with the Realities of Day-to-Day Parenting
July 11, 2pm-5pm $35 (sliding scale)

The reality of parenting a child can be frustrating, chaotic, and overwhelming. We may be surprised by the intensity of feelings such as rage, grief, or resentment. Without learning to truly taking care of ourselves, it is difficult to move beyond these feelings toward emotional wellness as parents.

In this workshop, we will explore:·
  • Artistic and body-mind tools for identifying and safely expressing difficult emotions
  • Recognizing emotions as signals for change in our lives
  • Examining ways we subconsciously limit our options for feeling better
  • Finding what really works for our family

This workshop will be held at Nurture, Center for Growing Families, 1614 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211

For more information or to register, contact Sarah at 503.285.4906 or welcomewithlove@gmail.com; or Mychelle at 971.344.7527 or Mychelle@nurturepdx.com.

About the presenters
Sarah Nuxoll: After several years of feeling frustrated as a parent, I began working toward deeper body-mind clarity and emotional and spiritual healing. Now I feel excited about helping myself and others to engage life, move with our creativity, and allow ourselves to feel happy as parents. In these workshops, I share insights from my experience as a mother of two, spiritual practitioner, and former apprentice homebirth midwife. I look forward to meeting you! (http://www.welcomewithlovefamilycare.com/)

Mychelle Moritz: Having experienced the beautiful yet challenging transition to parenthood, I have developed a passion for helping women and their growing families. I am an artist, an art therapist, and a licensed professional counselor, as well as the co-founder of Nurture. My two active young children keep me very busy and I enjoy watching their creative antics. (http://www.nurturepdx.com/)

No comments: