But Portland is Portland, the weather is fickle, and some days we just don't want to tough it out through a hail storm. While we are indoors, art projects are the next best thing to freely being messy in the dirt. Making garden markers is an activity that ties together two of our favorite activities!
What you will need:
- tongue depressors or Popsicle sticks or something similar (the wider the better)
- medium sized smooth rocks also make cool markers
- paint/water proof markers
- sealant that can withstand the elements
- ribbon, yarn, etc.
- glue that can withstand the elements
- pictures from magazines, etc.
- bendable wire
- bits, scraps, toys, etc.
If you do not have sealant on-hand, you can create plant markers for the indoor starts or houseplants. Other favorite garden markers are random toys/parts of toys and plastic animal figurines to "keep watch" over the plants.
(pictures coming soon!)