Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nurture Welcomes Courtney Jarecki

Nurture warmly welcomes Courtney Jarecki to our group. Courtney is a doula offering services throughout pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. Support. Compassion. Energy. Birth. Dance. Movement. Ceremony. Freedom. Life. Joy. Love.

There is nothing on earth more amazing and humbling than witnessing a mama give birth. I strongly believe in the beauty and power of a woman’s body to birth and am honored to be a part of this experience.
For a lot of people, the concept of a Doula is a very new thing. Often, women don't have built‐in family support and a Doula can fill the gap for the new family by providing knowledge, compassion and practical support during this very important childbearing year. I am trained to provide Doula support during three different times of your childbearing year; pregnancy, labor and postpartum. My ongoing academic and professional experiences include training at Birthingway College of Midwifery, working as a Postpartum Doula at an established birthing center and research and training as I move towards becoming a Midwife. Throughout my work and responsibilities, I maintain a flexible schedule to ensure you will never be without Doula support.
Outside of the birthing world, I love spending time with my amazing husband Dave and puppies Satchel and Maji. Dancing, cooking, meeting friends for tea and hiking are favorite activities and most recently learning to crochet has occupied much of my time as well. I look forward to speaking with you about your baby and birth. Please feel free to call or email to ask questions.
Antepartum Doula
As an Antepartum Doula, I will support you later in your pregnancy. Antepartum services can be especially helpful if you are a single or teen mom, have multiple children, are on bed rest, have severe morning sickness or have emotional trauma. I will provide informational, emotional, physical and practical support during your pregnancy with pregnancy massage, meal planning, educational labor preparation.
Labor Doula
My work as a Labor Doula means I will provide you with continuous physical, emotional and informational support before, during and just after birth. I will be there for you, your partner and baby after delivery to help in whatever way best serves you. I can assist with birth plans, birth art, pain coping techniques (massage and touch, positioning, breathing, meditation and visualization, vocalization, aromatherapy and healing energy techniques), pregnancy and postpartum diet and fitness designed to ease labor and recovery, Reiki healing, and creative expression and relationship / birth coaching. This time is all about you and what works best for your family. If time allows, we will meet two‐to‐three times prenatally where we will get to know each other. We can incorporate any modalities that you and your family need.
Postpartum, we will meet once, during which we will share your birth story and discuss all the challenges and joys that lay ahead. You will also receive any needed breastfeeding support during this time.
Postpartum Doula
Postpartum is a special and sometimes trying time for a new family. I can help ease this transition by providing lactation consulting, infant care techniques, meal planning and cooking, gentle yoga and exercise options, natural healing, light housekeeping, dog walking, nanny care and companionship.

Fees
I believe that all families should be able to afford Doula services and all Doulas should be able to pay their mortgages. Therefore I offer my services on a sliding scale, based on what each family can pay. I am happy to discuss pricing options and payment plans with each family and am open to barter and trade.
Antepartum & Postpartum Doula Services: $25 ‐ $35 per hour with a 4 hour minimum.
Labor Doula: During certification process I only ask for reimbursement of transportation and
food expenses, usually between $50 ‐ $75.
After certification: $400 ‐ $700. Includes 3 prenatal visits (if time allows), full labor and delivery support, 1 postpartum visit. Additional prenatal visits are available, based on a sliding scale.
Gift certificates are available.

Doula and Health Advocate
503.737.8834

No comments: