Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nurture Welcomes Lori Petras

We are excited to welcome Lori Petras of Synergy Acupuncture NW, LLC as the newest addition to our family here at Nurture.

Lori is a nationally licensed and a board certified Diplomat in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine by the NCCAOM. She graduated from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, receiving her Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. After completing her studies at O.C.O.M., she chose to deepen her knowledge by completing an Advanced Clinical Internship at the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Nanjing, China. While there, she had the privilege of working with world renowned Doctors of Chinese medicine, expanding her knowledge of acupuncture techniques, gynecology, and infertility.

Below are Lori's answers to a few of our favorite questions:

How did you discover this path?:
My answer is very simple: I was fascinated by my personal acupuncture experiences and I needed to know more. My acupuncture treatments not only relieved my chronic pain, they changed my destiny. I’ve always been a personal advocate for natural, holistic medicine and I was ready to answer the question “How can I help?”

Tell us a bit about the wonderful work you do:
Acupuncture is more than a medicine, it’s a beautiful art form that heals people’s lives on so many levels. I love that one of the main side effects of acupuncture is a more peaceful, balanced state of being. My special areas of interests are women’s health, infertility, and IVF support. Supporting women through transitional periods and helping families conceive are truly magical experiences. I also love treating pain using trigger point releasing techniques because of the rapid results that can be achieved and the life-changing effect it has on one’s life.

Family tip:
Be proactive with your health! It’s the season for colds and upper respiratory infections. Acupuncture and herbs can address these problems before they manifest by boosting your immune system and strengthening your Qi or life-force. If you are experiencing a cough, sore throat, or runny nose get acupuncture immediately because it can really prevent pathogens from penetrating deeper. Something you can do right now is wear a scarf and protect your neck. The neck is a very vulnerable place for evil wind, cold, and rain attacks so wrap it up family!

What do you like to do when you’re not practicing acupuncture?:
I love camping at the coast in yurts in the middle of winter, growing organically in my garden, dogs and bunny’s, and Italian-everything! My yoga practice stretches my body and mind and I am thankful for my inspiring teachers. I am an advocate for environmental consciousness and I support my community in any way I can.

Lori is now serving NE and NW Portland.
In NE she can be found at:

Nurture 1614 NE Alberta Street Portland, OR 97211
Mondays and Thursdays 8:30am – 12:30pm
web: www.nurturepdx.com
email: synergyacupuncture@gmail.com
phone: 503-753-4402

In NW she can be found at:

Equilibria Wellness

1536 NW 23rd Ave Portland, OR 97210
Mondays and Thursdays 1:30pm– 8:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am – 3pm
Saturdays 8:30am – 3pm
web: http://www.equilibriawellness.com/ (under construction)
phone: 503-221-2155

Lori is currently taking appointments at both locations.

No comments: