The Grandmother-Effect lives on
Whether first grandbaby, multiples, adoption, single mom, or
same-sex parents...you can be prepared to help. Take your place in the family dynamic.
In this ongoing 2-hour workshop, you’ll learn how to effectively help
your daughters and sons after the birth
- Listen beyond their words
- Get tips even mama doesn’t know about
- What’s new and what’s old in parenting
- The magical swaddle - learn to turn your grandchild into a burrito!
- How to support breastfeeding, even if you did not nurse your own
- What to do when baby will not stop crying
- What to do when your daughter will not stop crying
- How to help from a distance
- How to reassure the family; leave them happy and confident as only grandparents can do
Sound advice from a certified postpartum doula
and lactation consultant, author and grandma
WHEN: First Wednesday of the month
6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
WHERE: Nurture, LLC
Center for Women and Families
1614 NE Alberta Street
COST: $20 per person/couple
Private classes on request $35.
To register or for more information, contact:
Vicky York, IBCLC, CPD
Postpartum Care Services
discounted postpartum doula services when gift certificates bought at class.