Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Counseling & Art Therapy

Our space is just about ready, and we are ready to start offering more services.
At this time we are offering counseling and art therapy; Mychelle Moritz, co-founder of Nurture and counselor/art therapist is now accepting clients.

Mychelle Moritz, MA, ATR-BC, LPC:
I am a licensed professional counselor and an art therapist. I offer supportive counseling and/or art therapy with a special focus on pregnancy and postpartum concerns. I have 6 years of clinical experience and have completed a doula class and a perinatal mood disorder training. I also have extensive experience working with trauma.

Focus:
Preparation and Choices About Becoming a Parent

Prevetion of Postpartum Mood Disorders
Emotional Birth Preparation
Birth Trauma (processing difficult birth experiences)
Postpartum Adjustment, Depression, Anxiety
Birth Preparation for Trauma Survivors

Pregnancy Loss

Philosophy:
There are many ways to parent and each mother/couple has to find an approach that works best for them with the whole family in mind. Whether you are pregnant or in the early child rearing years, I can offer support, ideas, and resources as you explore what feels best for you and your family. My art therapy/counseling approach is nonjudgmental and based on my belief that personal challenges can inspire growth and healing when the experiences are processed in meaningful ways. I use creative expression in a supportive environment, based on a warm and dynamic relationship, to facilitate awareness, insight, and compassion. I use an eclectic art therapy approach drawing from feminist, narrative, and (when appropriate) trauma theories to empower each person to find balance, resolution, and new and preferred ways to experience life.

Availability:
I am available on weekends and some evenings.

Fees:
$65/hour
I also offer a sliding scale based on need.

Contact:
Please call (971) 344-7527
or e-mail
mychelle@nurturepdx.com

No comments: